したらばTOP ■掲示板に戻る■ 全部 1-100 最新50 | |

暴力と日本社会

104凡人:2011/02/05(土) 05:27:21
Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2011
By MARK SCHILLING
Special to The Japan Times

Yakuza movie lines without honor or humanity

Japanese movies, like their Hollywood counterparts, have produced plenty of 名台詞 (meiserifu, famous lines) over the years, in just about every genre. But when I was researching a book on ヤクザ映画 (yakuza eiga, Japanese gangster movies), I realized that this particular genre had generated more than its share.

One reason is that Japanese gangster-speak is filled with not just flavorsome slang — 娑婆 (shaba, the world outside prison), 島 (shima, gang territory) and 堅気 (katagi, straight) being among my favorites — but also expressions that sum up an entire world view in a few pungent words or characters.

一宿一飯の仁義 (isshuku ippan no jingi), for example, encapulates the classic gangster movie story of the 股旅物 (matatabimono, wandering gambler), who, in exchange for 一宿一飯 (isshuku ippan, a night's lodging and meal) at the house of a friendly 親分 (oyabun, gang boss) becomes involved in the gang's battles in accordance with 仁義 (jingi, the gang code). For an old-time gangster, typically played by Ken Takakura, an obligation, no matter how slight, must be repaid, even if it means risking his own skin.

The battles of postwar gangsters, however, have more usually been 仁義なき戦い (jingi naki tatakai, battles without honor or humanity) — Darwinian struggles that trash the gang code. This was also the general title of the five-part Kinji Fukasaku epic 「仁義なき戦い」 ("Battles Without Honor or Humanity," 1973-74) about a 20-year gang war in Hiroshima — and has since become a phrase in non-gangster use.

Another reason is that, in their 1960s and 70s heyday, hundreds of ヤクザ映画 were made by Toei and other studios and several produced lines still remembered by fans today.

(1/2)

新着レスの表示

名前: E-mail(省略可)

※書き込む際の注意事項はこちら

※画像アップローダーはこちら

(画像を表示できるのは「画像リンクのサムネイル表示」がオンの掲示板に限ります)

掲示板管理者へ連絡 無料レンタル掲示板